Saturday, January 23, 2010

Aliens (Movie Review)



"Apone! Look... we can't have any firing in there. I, uh... I want you to collect magazines from everybody."
"Is he fuckin' crazy?"
"What the hell are we supposed to use man? Harsh language?"

Well, last night was a bore fest for me, after leveling up to 68 on MW2, I officially decided i was bored with that game. Started flipping through channels on the television and noticed AMC was just starting Aliens, so i figured what better way then to re watch a movie I have not seen sense middle school. I never really watch movies on TV, for two reasons they usually edit the shit out of it especially if its has gorey material, and commercials I hate them totaly disrupts the movie. Even during this movie a very tension building scene would fade to black to a fucking Mr. Clean Magic Eraser commercial, i mean like fuck, seriously. Luckly i guess because this movie is so "old" TV censor group decided that Aliens isn't really gorey now, so they left alot of the blood and violence in which was really cool. Anyways enough about the TV, if you havn't seen this movie then... you be living under a rock, I allready knew this movie was amazing when watching it but, I totaly forgot how amazing this movie really is! Like from the superb acting by sigoney weaver, with all her baddass ness especially at the end when she goes all rambo. Also you would think from the begning this would be all typical alien horror film, however it really isn't there are so many twists in this movie it'll have you throwing your arms in the air. Even I jumped out of my seat a few times just becuse the movies pacing was so on point.


Another thing I noticed was in the begning, Weaver opperates this Robot machinery that helps moves crates and such. So, I sat there thinking wow, "Avatar" totally ripped off that idea, but then it came to me the director of Avatar James Cameron also directed this movie. Ohhhhhhh, well i guess thats ok now. After finishing this movie i can clearly see why this movie is considered to be one of the "best" sci-fiction movie ever created, amazing acting from Signorney Weaver, and James Camerons ability as a director to seemless blend action, horror, and tension through out the movie and never lets it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment