Friday, February 5, 2010

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs (Movie Review)


"Hey, Flint. It's been nice to beet you."
"That's a radish!"


I remember in my childhood that this was one of my favorite book growing up as a kid. Sure, enough i was surprised to see that Sony animation studios was going to be turning it into an animation film. At first i thought it was going to be a total joke, and completely destroy the image of the classic children's novel. However I was pleasantly surprised, it was a decent film, what made it enjoyable for me was the main character played by andy samberg, who looked incredibly simliary to the main charater... kind of. While the film dosn't follow the book, instead it just uses the imagination from the book, and then wrote a completley different story. So instead of the coulds raining food because of "a change of weater," the coulds rained food because the main character scientists kid created an invention that turns water into food, fucks up and ends up sending the invention into the coulds, making it rain food. The story worked quite well for me, the only part that stood out at me as being iffy was, that the movie started off so well that it never really brings you back up to that excietment level. Same goes with the laughs i found my self laughing a lot during the first part then....... didn't really laugh as the movie went on. Don't get me wrong its still a good movie, but some times you should start off slow with your appatizers then when you get your entree endulge your self and enjoy the last bites, but either way you'll get full in the end. (oh yeah, almost forgot and Mr. T has a voice role)

No comments:

Post a Comment